Tuesday, October 10, 2017

NaNoWriMo - What?!?!

On November 1st, the annual writing frenzy known as NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) begins. The general idea with it is that one writes at least 35k words on a new story/book/whatever.

I plan to start the third entry in the Tales of the Dragonguard series.

"What?", you say? "Aren't you working on the SECOND story? What the actual hell?"

Well, I've essentially finished the second story, SARA'S FIRE, and am currently working on the editing process for that entry in the series, but the editing process takes time, and me, being the person I am, will end up with a longer story than I supposedly "ended" with.

That seems to be my modus operandi. I end a "short" story with close to 20k words, but by the time I'm done with the editing process, I'm closer to 30k words. 

Stupid, I know. Perhaps I just haven't figured out what the word "edit" means.

Anyhow, the third in the Tales of the Dragonguard series is being planned at this time. Yes, I have other exciting ideas out there, but this is the one I will be working on, come November.

What would YOU like to see in the third entry in the series?

I really DO want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment