Tuesday, October 24, 2017

NaNoWriMo 2017 - Seven Days and Counting

It's only a week until the annual writing event known as NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month), and I've finally decided for sure on what I'll be working on during that time.

I had initially thought to write the third story in the Tales of the Dragonguard series, KAL'S HEART, but have instead decided to write THE THING IN THE CLOSET, which is intended to be more of a novella, or even a novel, versus the short story format of the Tales of the Dragonguard stories.

No, it's not horror, even with a title like that.

THING seems to have something resembling an original idea, so it seems like fun to me. It's intended for young adults and up, although adults could certainly read it to their younger children, if they so desired. If you've read my previous stuff, you'll know that I like to write "different" stuff, and this should be no exception to that personal rule. Keep that in mind when deciding whether or not to read this to impressionable young minds.

Knowing this, I will probably be less active in social media during that time, as I plan to focus on writing, rather than socializing for those 30 days. It won't mean that I love you all less, only that I love you so much that I want to get something new written for you all to devour with your eyes and minds.

Right now, the second story in the Tales of the Dragonguard, SARA'S FIRE, is still in the editing process, and I hope to get it out before the end of the year. I know it would be nice to have it out sooner than that, but I fear that if it was, it would be clumsy and not something you would enjoy as much as I'd like you to enjoy it.

If you must get in touch with me, please feel free to email me at sumaireweb@outlook.com, and I'll respond to you as quickly as I am able, providing you're not just being some kind of an asshat in your email. Sounds fair, doesn't it?

Anyhow, off to planning and plotting THE THING IN THE CLOSET for NaNoWriMo.

Love you all!

Anna Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment