Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Latest Work In Progress

I'm currently working on the sequel to AYA'S DRAGON. This one is called SARA'S FIRE.

It's been a longer adventure than the first story, as I've had to rework parts of it when things started to wander far afield from where they were supposed to be. That's necessitated gutting it in places and then rewriting where I did that.

Dragons are fun to write about, and dragons and humans working together are even more fun to play with in a literary sense.

I fell in love with dragons when I discovered The Dragonriders of Pern as a teenager. I've lost count of how many times I've read that series, and I've even memorized the "Teaching Songs" Anne McCaffrey created.

By the way, The Fire lizard Song can be sung to the tune of Puff, the Magic Dragon. Now try to get that earworm out of your head. <grin>

I'll try to keep you updated on how things are going with this latest story, and I will, eventually, get the final book in the Sumaire Web series of vampire novels completed. I'm trying to get through some issues with continuity and avoiding plot holes that would annoy me, if I were reading it as a fan.

Wishing you all the best. If you've been affected by the recent hurricanes in Texas and Florida, I hope you, your friends, and family are all safe and sound and that you will be inconvenienced as little as possible in the coming days, weeks, and months.

No comments:

Post a Comment